Thursday 21 July 2005

Geezers and Geezerhood

I am a geezer. I've earned the right to use the title, through time and trials and tribulations and I'm proud of it. Some people, as they get older, get sensitive about their age...and they don't want people to know how old they are. That strikes me as more than a little irrational. I, on the other hand, relish my age and getting more of it. The health issues that tend to come with age, of course, are negative aspects of getting older, but on the whole, getting older is a good thing. I intend to keep doing it.

As one ages, one tends to accumulate wisdom. I like to think I have accumulated some wisdom over the years and I hope to accumulate quite alot more. You can read that any way you like it; I read it that I want to live for a long time to come.

Here are some of my definitions that relate to geezer and geezerhood. I plan to write more about geezerhood and I hope to sell geezer-friendly products from a website soon. If you have geezer-friendly products to sell, let's talk...I am willing to share the wealth we generate by selling your products. OK, back to the issue at hand:

Geezerhood: The state of being a geezer

Geezer: One who has attained adequate age, experience, and eccentricity

Characteristics of Geezers:
1) Sharp witted
2) Opinionated (very, very opionated) but tolerant (within limits)
3) Adventurous, but not stupid about it
4) Adamantly opposed to religious intolerance and religious zealotry
5) Tending toward liberalism, but possessing hidden conservative agendas

No comments:

Post a Comment